The Orientation is your first chance to help bond the participants in advance of their Taglit birthright Israel Campus trip, and make the best first impression of your organised activities. Here are 5 things that should help..
1. Set date for the mandatory Orientation well in advance and secure a room that can accomdate everyone. Make sure that your date does not clash with any other important campus events or celebrations. It is a good idea to coordinate this with your local Hillel as well.
2. Have enough food, giveaways and materials. You want to make everyone feel as welcome as possible.
3. Have alumni from previous staff speak and take questions. This can really help make the trip come alive for particpants when they hear their peers rave about it!
4. Showcase the itinerary and go over each day in details. You can use this as an opportunity to add some education about Israel such as where things are, and some basic history. Make sure your presentation is colourful, you can take a look at the presentation on this page for some ideas.
5. Bring packing lists,suggested readings and relevant articles.
Planning an Orientation